IRS Truck Tax
Want to know how to file form 2290 online? We’ll help you understand IRS form 2290 better.
IRS Form 2290
IRS form 2290 or IRS truck tax is a federal tax imposed on heavy trucks that weigh 55,000
pounds or more and used for 5000 miles or more. This tax money is used for the construction
and maintenance of public highways. Form 2290 is also called as HVUT, Heavy Vehicle Use
Tax, Highway Vehicle Tax and Truck Tax. IRS suggests the truckers to file form 2290 online
since it is much easier and faster compared to paper filing.
Here are the Advantages of Filing 2290 Online
- The smooth and efficient functioning of e-filling reduces the preparation and processing mistakes when file IRS form 2290 online
- Access and file 2290 online from anywhere, anytime using your laptop or computer, even when you’re on the road
- Receive your stamped Schedule 1 copy in just a few minutes after the IRS accepts your submissions
- You can use the free VIN correction feature to rectify VIN filing mistakes that you might have committed on file form 2290. The new, corrected Schedule 1 copy will be available in minutes
- Make any changes to mileage and gross weight if you've committed an error even after you file your form 2290 online
- Save on your postage and avoid standing in queues to file form 2290
Here’s How to File 2290 Online
These are the things you need before filing Form 2290 online:
- EIN (Employer Identification Number) and VIN (Vehicle Identification Number)
- Name and address of your business
- The gross weight of your vehicle
Steps to File IRS Form 2290 Online:
When filing 2290 form online with 2290filing.us, these are the steps you need to follow:
- Choose your ‘Business’
- Select the ‘Tax Period’ and ‘First Used Month’ of your vehicle
- Enter the vehicle information
- Make the payment
Filing 2290 Online
You can file 2290 online with 2290filing.us, an IRS-authorized e-file service provider, with 24*7
customer support. When you file with us, we will process your returns and send the stamped
Schedule 1 copy within 15 minutes of IRS acceptance. You can file for single or multiple trucks
with us. With our bulk upload option, you can upload data of any number of trucks you want,
without repeating the same steps over and over again.
Paying for IRS form 2290 online
When making payment for IRS form 2290 online, you can use any of the following payment
options - credit, debit card, EFTPS or EFW. Once the payment is done and the IRS accepts
your returns, we will send your stamped Schedule 1 copy. You can also stay updated about your
tax filings via our free text, fax and email alerts.
Form 2290 Late Filing Penalties
The penalty for failing to file IRS file 2290, after 2290 deadline is equal to 4.5% of the total tax due,
assessed on a monthly basis for up to 5 months. If you fail to make the IRS HVUT payment, then you’re subjected
to 0.5% additional monthly penalty.